Nottingham Academy of Sport
Central has an excellent reputation for both sport and academic achievement.
In addition, the College has a range of Academies of Sport, with a wealth of experienced staff who support and coach promising young athletes.
The College has Academies of Sport in:
- Men's Football
- Ladies' Football
- Rugby Union
The Academy of Sport provides:
- Intensive training programme (4-6 hours per week)
- First class coaching with dedicated and experienced staff
- Regular fixtures and cup competitions
- Opportunities to gain internationally recognised coaching qualifications to levels 1, 2 and 3
- Sports massage and sports therapy support
- Nutrition and fitness programmes (strength and conditioning, core stability)
- Full-time academic study programme in a wide range of subjects with potential work placements at regional professional sports clubs
- International sports tours
- USA University sports scholarships opportunities
- Opportunities to coach at schools and clubs in the local community
- Tutor support
Entry Requirements For Sport Academy
For entry into any of the Sport Academies, students must be enrolled on a full-time course, and minimum entry requirements will apply. Students under 19 can participate in competitions for the College and students over 19 can still train with the squads.
All academic programmes are monitored carefully and training and playing time depends on the students' commitment to their academic studies. If you think you've got what it takes, contact the College for more information!
The Sport Academy is closely linked to and benefits strongly from the experience of Central's range of full time courses in Sport and Fitness.
Students wishing to participate in the Sport Academy must be enrolled on a full time course at Central.