Support for Students
The College believes that all students are equally valuable. It acknowledges differences and supports learners developing in their own time and own way. The College tries to match its provision with the individual needs of students. We have a comprehensive range of services providing support for students at all sites. The College has an Additional Support Statement, which is produced annually and an Equality, Diversity and Inclusion policy which incorporates an action plan showing how the college is meeting its EDI objectives.
Student Support Statements
The College is responsible for ensuring that all learners have access to student support at all stages of their contact with College. This includes access to Guidance/Advice and Careers, Counselling, Student Finance advice, Additional Learning Support and Childcare.
- The information provided to learners will be in a form, which is clear to the learner, i.e. at an appropriate level and in an accessible language.
- Learners' individual goals and additional support necessary to achieve them will be clearly identified, regularly assessed, recorded and reviewed.
- Learners will be included in initial assessment and the development of any support plans.
- Support for learners will have clear systems for referral and tracking and will be monitored to ensure quality.
- The course tutor(s), with input from the Student Support team, has responsibility for ensuring that the learner's needs are appropriately met. Ultimately this is the responsibility of the Programme Area.
- The support provided will be appropriate to the environment in which the learning takes place and should enable tutors to match individual learning styles by using a variety of teaching strategies, materials, aids and groupings.
- The College will ensure that the environment is accessible to all learners.
Referrals or enquiries about our provision can be made by calling our Telephone Enquiry Centre on 0115 914 6414 who will be able to assist and/or direct you to the most appropriate person.