24+ Advanced Learning Loans
The loans application process will launch in April 2013 for students enrolling on courses starting in the academic year 2013/2014.
From August 2013 the government has changed funding arrangements for learners studying level 3 and level 4 courses who are aged 24 and over.
For the first time, 24+ Advanced Learning Loans will give learners in further education access to financial support for tuition costs, similar to that which is available in Higher Education. This means that rather than an individual having to pay for their course upfront, they have the option of accessing a loan from the Student Loans Company. Repayments are only payable once students have left the course and are earning over £21,000.
Learners aged 24 and over will therefore have the option to either:
- pay the course fees themselves
- have an employer/sponsor pay the course fees for them
- apply for an Advanced Learning Loan to help pay for the course fees.
The 24+ Advanced Learning Loans are for anyone who is:
- aged 24 and above at the start of their course
- studying on a course at Level 3 or above, such as: A levels, Access to HE Diplomas, other Diplomas and Certificates, Advanced Apprenticeships or Higher Apprenticeships
- a resident in the UK (for 3 years prior to the start of the course)
- has not previously had a loan to do the same type and level of qualification.
If your loan is for an Access to Higher Education programme and you progress to complete a Higher Education programme, you will not have to pay back your Advanced Learning Loan.
The loan is available irrespective of a learner’s current employment status and the loan will not be means tested or subject to any credit checks.
Further information on 24+ Advanced Learning Loans can be found via:
Further financial support is available to learners experiencing financial hardship to assist with course related costs.
For more information please contact our Telephone Enquires Centre on 0115 914 6414 and ask to be put through to a Student Finance Advisor, or alternatively you can email the Student Finance team at StudentFinanceTeam@centralnottingham.ac.uk.
If you would like further information on the 24+ Advanced Learner Loan please contact our Telephone Enquiries Centre on 0115 914 6414 and ask to be put through to the Student Services Department, alternatively you can contact the Student Services Team via email at StudentServices@centralnottingham.ac.uk.
Frequently Asked Questions