Central College Nottingham have joined forces with New College Nottingham to form Nottingham College, and our aim is to be the best college in the region where you have the opportunity to achieve the best results to go onto get a great job, further study or an apprenticeship.
As we have merged with another college, we’ve got the chance to pick the best campus for each course area. That means that some courses will be moving to better campuses where the facilities are better and more suited to the courses delivered there.
Below are details of the confirmed moves:
|Subject||Moving from||Moving to|
|Subject:Art & Design||Moving from:Clifton||Moving to:Stoney Street (City Centre), Lace Market, NG1 1NG|
|Subject:GCSEs||Moving from:Beeston and Maid Marian Way||Moving to:Adams Building (City Centre), Lace Market, NG1 1NG|
|Subject:Public Services||Moving from:Basford||Moving to:Clifton Centre, Farnborough Road, NG11 8LU|
|Subject:Fabrication & Welding||Moving from:Basford||Moving to:Highfields Centre, Science Park, University Boulevard, NG7 2RU|
For further information on the great facilities for the above courses at the new locations just choose from the list below.
The campus is right in the heart of the city and right in the middle of the Creative Quarter district of Nottingham. Dedicated art and design studio space, an impressive art gallery, TV studio Mac suite and animation lounge are just some of the perks on offer in ncn’s Adams and Stoney Street buildings. What’s more, with all creative courses in one place, you’ll be surrounded by other students studying in a range of different creative areas, helping you to bounce ideas, learn new skills and develop a good idea of how different skills transfer into a job in the creative industries.
The reason for the move is that we are committed to providing all of our students with the best possible experience, and at Stoney Street you will benefit from:
- The latest version of all software across the campus, i.e. Adobe Creative Cloud (CC) 2017, supported by state of the art IT.
- 3D workshops, ceramics studio, photographic studio and darkrooms, print-making facilities, TV studio spaces.
- Studying in Nottingham’s premier heritage buildings. Large textile spaces in the original lace lofts of the oldest lace factory in Nottingham.
- Being in close proximity to industry employers and other Art galleries and spaces including the on campus at the Lace Market Gallery
- A specialist HE centre for HE students only
- Studying with a range of likeminded creative students including Journalists, Designers, Photographers and Film makers
- Excellent and varied travel options. Doorstep access to city restaurants, shops, cinemas, creative spaces and museums.
At the Adams Building, you will benefit from:
- Access to the latest software across the campus and supported by state-of-the-art IT
- Dedicated classroom and breakout space for learning and collaborating with other students
- Studying in some of Nottingham’s finest heritage buildings.
- Being in close proximity to other curriculum areas such as Art and Design, digital and creative industries, Higher Education, the A Level study centre at ncn’s High Pavement campus also in the city, business and computing and many more.
- On site student services, finance and advice services
- On site refectory and restaurant
- Excellent and varied travel options and door step access to city restaurants, shops, cinemas, creative spaces and museums
This campus has facilities that will provide a better practical Public Services experience for all students. At Clifton you will benefit from:
- A state of the art 3G sport pitch for football and rugby
- A 30 station fitness suite
- A fitness lab and grass pitches for a range of practical course-based activities
The campus is also close to Rushcliffe Country Park and the South Nottinghamshire countryside for map-reading and other expedition-based activity.
At Highfields you will benefit from first-class facilities, including:
- Access to a wider range of courses
- Excellent progression opportunities
- The latest technology and equipment from across 15 engineering sector areas
- Industry links and support to gain employment
- Large well equipped student social area and common room
- Easy transport links via tram and bus
- On site student parking
Frequently asked questions
I have applied for a course and it is moving Campus, do I need to do anything, e.g. fill in a new application form?
No you do not need to do anything. We will automatically transfer all the course paperwork for you.
If you are a new student and have not yet joined Central and your course is moving you will be sent a letter to the address on your application form. If this address has changed then please get in touch as soon as possible at email@example.com. If you are an existing student then your course tutor will advise you of any moves.
Courses will not be cancelled or changed as a result of the moves so your qualification will not be affected.
Please attend your interview/assessment at the venue and time as stated in your interview/assessment invitation letter.
The reason for the move is that we are committed to providing all of our students with the best possible experience as we move through merger and beyond. Rest assured that your new Campus will have great facilities to support you throughout your course.
The courses will start at the new locations from September 2017.
Yes of course! If you are an existing student please speak to your course tutor about this. If you are a new student starting in September, you will be invited along to your course taster event in the summer, where you will have a chance to come and meet the team, confirm your place and see the great facilities. You will also meet other students from similar programmes and get a chance to experience College before you start for real in September. These sessions will take place between 3rd and 11th July 2017. If you would prefer to visit your new campus sooner than this, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
I am already on year 1 of a course that is moving – what will happen to me and will my course change?
Your course content and qualification will not change as a result of this move. Please speak to your tutor about any plans to transfer existing students for their second year.
- If you are an existing student then please speak to your course tutor or contact us on 0115 914 6414 or by emailing email@example.com
- If you are a new student that has not yet joined Central, and your course is moving, you will be sent a letter with the information you need to the address on your application form. If this address has changed then please get in touch to give us the new address by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions then please contact us on 0115 914 6414 or by emailing email@example.com