Central College Nottingham is positively committed to creating an inclusive environment which is free from discrimination, and where there is mutual respect and equality for all.
Central College Nottingham is positively committed to creating an inclusive environment which is free from discrimination and where there is mutual respect and equality for all. Read more here.
This policy sets out the requirements and responsibilities of Central College Nottingham for ensuring and advancing equity and fairness to all members of the College community in accordance with The Equality Act 2010 and the Public Sector Equality Duty. The policy also establishes clear college guidance; principles; structures and monitoring arrangements with regard to Equality Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
The aim of this report is to review the key EDI objectives for the College driven by the work carried out by the EDI Team throughout the academic year. The report is produced on a calendar year basis in order to meaningfully reflect on the achievements of our diverse learners at the end of the previous academic year and of the changes in the College workforce and learner profiles each year.
Central’s core drive is to provide a supportive inclusive working and learning environment for all. The College has set its equality objectives for 2016-2020 which comply with legislative Public Sector Equality Duties and which provide performance indicators for all college operations. Objectives are to challenge discrimination and disadvantage; raise standards; and advance aspirations of all of our stakeholders. Our objectives are to:
- Raise the achievement and success levels of different groups of students and work towards eliminating the gap in achievement between students with protected characteristics and those without
- Ensure all teaching, learning and assessment promotes, advances and celebrates diversity and British Values
- Recruit, support and develop a diverse staff population which reflects and meets the needs of students and the community the college serves
- Engage with students and stakeholders to improve student satisfaction for all groups and enhance the student experience
- Support and enable access to learning for a diverse range of students
If you would like any further information, or any of the documents in an alternative format, please contact Sam Coles at: email@example.com; telephone 0115 884 2582