If you’re looking to build on your existing skills, while working on classic vehicles in all types of vehicle restoration repair facilities, this programme will give you the advanced technical knowledge you need.
The programme covers the technical and practical needs for today’s classic vehicle restoration industry.
You will study both the theory and practical aspects of the following:
- History and heritage of classic vehicles
- Tools, equipment and materials
- Understanding customer expectations and needs
- Dismantling, measuring and recording
- Diagnosing and repairing vehicle engine, driveline, electrical and chassis systems
- Evaluating and repairing structural body defects and misalignment
- Advanced thermal joining and filling techniques
- Rectification of corrosion/major paint defects and paint refinishing
- Repair and replacement of interior and exterior glass, wood and trim
- Health and safety and good housekeeping
You will also study English and maths.*
English and maths – skills for your future
Employers and universities really value skills in English and maths. So, building on your existing knowledge of these subjects will help you prepare for your future career or further study. *If you are aged 16-18 and have not yet achieved GCSE English Language and Maths at grade C or above/grade 4 or above don’t worry - we’ll support you with the right lessons to increase your confidence in these essential employability skills.
Our courses are designed to help you achieve your ambitions, whether you plan to go on to a higher level of study or start a career. Employability and study skills will be included to help you develop the broad skills required by industry. They will vary from course to course and are designed to meet local and national employer needs.
Mere Way, Ruddington Fields Business Park, Ruddington, Nottingham NG11 6JZ
Advanced Apprenticeship in Classic Vehicle Restoration
Adults who are aged 19+ with appropriate industry experience but without the necessary qualifications are welcome to apply.
All applicants will be required to undertake an assessment in English and maths prior to enrolling.
|Teaching & assessment||
For each module you will have to complete coursework, written assignments, practical assessments, online tests and work-based observations. You will have a the advantage of
Boots and overalls should be provided by your employer.
Find out how easy it is to apply for a course at Central, and learn more about the application process.
All of our full-time courses include a programme of study, helping you achieve your ambitions.
I'm loving my apprenticeship...