This is an excellent introduction to using a computer including word processing, internet and email. During the course you will learn:
- Word processing:
- Get familiar with the keyboard.
- Input simple data
- Print and save a document
- Familiarise yourself with search engines such as Google.
- Familiarise yourself with common icons such as the Home Page.
- Navigate to different web sites.
- Print and save web pages
- Sending, receiving and forwarding emails, adding attachments to an email (letters and pictures).
- An email account will be created for you if necessary.
|Location||Date(s)||Course code||Fees / reductions|
Central College Nottingham, Maid Marian Way, Nottingham NG1 6AB
04 May 2017 - 22 June 201718:30-20:30
Fees / reductions:Full fee: £56
This course is funding by PCDL so if you are in receipt of certain means-tested benefits and are currently looking for work you may not have to pay any fees. Please visit our Course Fees page more information.
No qualification awarded
No previous computer experience necessary
|Teaching & assessment||
There is no formal assessment.
More advanced classes are available which you can discuss with the tutor.
A memory stick/flash drive would be advantageous but not essential.
We will be using computers but iPads and notepads are available, if this is your preference.
Do you need any help or support while at College or need to know how to get here?
Find out how easy it is to apply for a full-time course at Central and learn more about the application…
Need help with tuition fees, travel or equipment costs? We may be able to help you!