This course will help develop your all-round understanding of the music business with the latest audio technology and you’ll learn from the professionals about the industry.
On the course you’ll learn how to use the latest audio technology in professional recording studios. You’ll discover and develop your own compositional flair and construct your own audio portfolio of work.
The course will allow you to:
- Develop an understanding of the music industry, professions and organisations
- Develop professional skills using studio hardware and equipment
- Develop creative compositional skills, focusing on music arrangement and sequencing
- Develop academic and effective exam skills
- Work effectively in a team and individually in preparation for employment or progression into further education
- Work to briefs, supported by real professionals, giving real experiences
You will also study English and maths.*
English and maths - skills for your future
Employers and universities really value skills in English and maths. So, building on your existing knowledge of these subjects will help you prepare for your future career or further study. *If you are aged 16-18 and have not yet achieved GCSE English Language and Maths at grade C or above/grade 4 or above don’t worry - we’ll support you with the right lessons to increase your confidence in these essential employability skills.
Our courses are designed to help you achieve your ambitions, whether you plan to go on to a higher level of study or start a career. Employability and study skills will be included to help you develop the broad skills required by industry. They will vary from course to course and are designed to meet local and national employer needs.
Pearson BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Music Technology
|Teaching & assessment||
There is continual assessment through coursework and short tests completed under exam conditions.
• Further study such as Confetti’s Level 3 Audio & Music Technology course
This course is based at the Confetti Institute of Creative Technologies and you can apply by emailing email@example.com or calling 0115 993 2321.