This course is for you if you have an interest in screen-printing. You will have guided studio time to develop your skills and knowledge in this specialist area and be encouraged to explore creative design processes through to printed outcomes.
The course covers:
- Mesh preparation and coating
- Preparation of ges for stencil making (manual and electronic)
- Stencil processing
- Setting up and printing on hand tables and carousels
- Production of single colour, two colour and multicolour prints
- Working with inks and solvents
- Screen reclamation
- Health and safety in the workshop
No qualification awarded
No formal qualifications are necessary, but a genuine interest in print making is important.
|Teaching & assessment||
Teaching is by demonstration and practical workshops. There is no formal assessment however you will need to complete a short workbook with the assistance of the tutor.
Previous students have set up their own small workshops in order to continue producing their own screen prints either as a hobby or commercially as a small business.
It is useful to bring old clothes or an overall to work in as the process can be `messy'. A memory stick to transport digital files is also a handy thing to have. You will be required to provide or pay for materials on the course and you will be informed of these costs at the first class.