- The Application Process for International Students is as follows. It is very important that you understand this and follow the instructions carefully:
Please make sure you include the following supporting documents. This is very important and failure to include supporting documents will delay your application being processed. For students currently studying in the UK: you may be required to submit additional documents, including your recent academic achievement, attendance report and a letter of registration confirmation from your current institution.
If you would like to apply for a course at Central College Nottingham you will need to complete an application form. The International Student Application Form is for International Foundation Programmes and other long courses. The English Language Booking Form is for English Language courses only. You can download the forms using the links or you can contact the International Office and we will send the relevant form to you.
Telephone: +44 (0)115 884 2218 or 8842214 or 884 2489
You should return your completed Application Form to us along with the following supporting documents:
- Certified copies of all of your examination certificates, including any English language qualifications you have taken.
- Certified copies of your school reports for the last 2 years, examination certificates or results - translated into English;
- A clear copy of your passport showing the identification page as well as any current visa you hold for the UK
- If you are applying for an art and design-related course, or International Foundation in Architecture, you should also send examples of your design work. These can be sent by email, or on CD (Please refer to individual course for more information on artwork that you should submit).
- Additional documents may be required, depending on which course you apply for.
You can email your application and supporting documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or send them by post to:
Central College Nottingham
Nottingham NG9 4AH
- We will consider your application and decide whether to offer you a place. We aim to process all applications within 5 working days if all of the required supporting documents have been submitted. If your application is successful you will receive an Offer Letter. The Offer Letter will include an Application Reference Number, which you should quote in all correspondence with the College. Your offer might be “conditional”, which means you will have to achieve the specified criteria before we can admit you onto your chosen course.
- To secure your place you will need to return the Offer Acceptance Form sent with your offer letter, and pay a deposit*. The deposit will be 60% of your course fees. Details of how to pay your deposit will be sent with your offer letter. If your offer is conditional, you will need to wait until you have achieved the conditions specified in your offer letter before you can apply for your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS), but you may still pay a deposit to secure a provisional place. The deposit will be refunded minus a £100 administration fee if you fail to meet the conditions of your offer. You should also return your Accommodation Request Form at this point, to allow us to allocate suitable accommodation for you, and to try to ensure you get your first choice of accommodation.
- When we receive your deposit, we will issue a Receipt of Deposit Letter to you. Your CAS will be issued to you 3 months before the start of your course if your offer is unconditional. If you hold a conditional offer, you will need to provide evidence that you meet the conditions of your offer before a CAS can be issued. Please send the relevant documents to the International Office, quoting your full name and Central College Application Reference Number. We will then change your offer to unconditional and issue a new offer letter.
- We will issue your CAS to you by letter 3 months before the start of your course to enable you to apply for your visa. If you are applying less than 3 months before the start of the course, we will issue your CAS as soon as we receive your deposit if you hold an unconditional offer. Please note: If you are offered a course under the Student Visitor Visa route, we will send you a Confirmation Letter for your visa application (not a CAS).
- When you have obtained your visa, please contact the International Office to confirm your arrival details. You will need to return your Transfer Request Formif you are eligible for a free airport pick-up. If you intend to make your own way to college (allowed for students aged 18 or over only), you should notify the International Office of your arrival details so your accommodation can be ready for you. Please note: Arrival information and Transfer Request Forms must be submitted at least 1 week before you travel, otherwise the college cannot guarantee airport pick-ups requested or availability of accommodation.
- If your visa is refused, we will refund your deposit to you minus a £100 administration fee. You will need to submit a copy of your Visa Refusal Notice to the International Office to claim your refund.
*Important note: deposits are only refundable in the event of a visa refusal, or failure to meet the conditions set in a conditional offer. Deposits will not be refunded for any other reason, unless there are very exceptional circumstances. All deposit refunds will be subject to a £100 administration fee.