Central College supports the promotion of equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that all students reach their potential and attain their goals. Learning Support is highly valued at Central and has a significant and positive impact on student success here. We offer a wide range of support for our students with additional learning needs.
Types of Support
- Individual assessment of support need
- One to one support sessions
- Small group work
- Adapted materials (eg braille, large print, coloured paper)
- Assistive technology/software
- Assistance with mobility
- Special exam arrangements
- Communications support workers
- In-class support
- Note takers
- Transition from school to college
Your support will be agreed with you and regularly reviewed. It may last for small part of the year or it may be for all year – depending on your learning needs. Your progress will be regularly reviewed with you.
The Support Team
We have individual specialist support teams at the college supporting in the following areas: