We can offer:
- Assessment to determine mobility problems, personal care including mealtimes, classroom strategies and other support needs.
- Support linked to need and ability, which is provided by a team of learning support assistants.
- Facilities for physiotherapy, personal and nursing care.
- Liaison with external agencies as appropriate, e.g. Social Services, occupational therapy, speech therapy.
- Ongoing contact and liaison with course tutors and other College staff.
- Alternative arrangements for examinations and assessments.
- Much of the College is accessible to wheelchair users; there are 3 shaft lifts, 2 stair lifts, ramps and some automatic doors.
We also have a tutor who can support students with a range of medical conditions.
- Devise a support plan.
- Keep a record of any medications and the student’s condition in case of emergency.
- Help with medication whilst in college if necessary.
- Provide specialist facilities for personal care.
- Offer access to First Aid facilities / a bed rest area in an emergency.
- Assess and arrange special arrangements for exams.
- We also have access to specialist medical advice if needed and can talk to the student’s own medical professionals if requested.