We have a large, multi-disciplinary team that works in conjunction with students to provide the support they need for the successful completion of their chosen study.
- Additional Support Lecturers with specialist Disability/Learning Difficulty Qualifications.
- Student Finance Advisers and Student Attendance Advisors.
- A team of Learning Support Assistants, who provide classroom and personal support.
- Communications Support Workers.
- Learner Achievement Coaches.
- Learner involvement Tutors.
- Careers and Guidance Workers.
- Childcare Workers.
- External specialists, who provide advice and training to support students with medical conditions.
Support should be negotiated as soon as possible and support tutors can be involved preentry, for advice and guidance.
Staff Development and Training
Members of the Student Support Team are available for awareness raising sessions/staff training and/or work with students. Accredited courses are available through the published College courses.
All new members of staff are given training on the College’s commitment to all students and are given input on Equality issues.