The Programme is available to all of our students, and will help develop their knowledge and abilities in areas from coaching and leadership, through to event management. It also provides opportunities for students to apply the knowledge and understanding they are developing from their curriculum course into a practical element of sport.
You’ll be able to work around your other commitments and availability, match your volunteering with your personal interests, and have a chance to play a key role in a high profile community sports project within the city.
Find out more about some of the opportunities available below:
This residential is targeted at students who are actively involved in sport volunteering in Nottinghamshire and is recognition of the commitment the student has made. The aim of the project is to:
- Develop sport leadership skills by delivering sport and physical activity in Primary/Secondary and Disability schools.
- Donate sport equipment and kit for a lasting legacy in each school.
- Fundraise to sponsor Gambian students’ education.
- Coach education for local teachers in schools.
- Work together as a team and support each other.
- Become fully involved in the Gambian culture and experience.
The Healthy Schools Programme was first undertaken at two primary schools in Nottinghamshire and used as a sport staff CPD day with student volunteer support. This programme is fully student led and links in with the Higher Sports Leadership course.
The aim of the Healthy School Days are to be fun, engaging, and have a health message demonstrating the benefits of leading a healthy active lifestyle.
The days include the whole Primary school from nursery to Year 6 and include activities planned and ran by the students.
This festival of tennis is an international event involving elite tennis (Masters) and a festival of sport for approximately 2000 school children over the whole week.
Central College Nottingham work with the LTA to provide students who help co-ordinate the sporting provision for the school children over the week.
The Sport Volunteer Programme works with various different schools, clubs and organisations throughout Nottinghamshire, including:
- Nottinghamshire Community Sports Clubs
- Nottinghamshire Disability Sports Clubs
- Ice Skating Schools Programme
- School Sport Partnership Sport Programmes
- Sports Leaders Energy Clubs
- School Games
- Sport Gambia Residential
- Tennis Volunteer Programme
- Leadership Academies
- National Events (Tour Of Britain Cycling, Olympic Torch Relay)
- LTA National Tennis Festival
- Healthy School days