Emtec Colleges Limited (ECL) ran a three-week ‘Train the Master Trainer and Assessor’ programme for Chengdu Industrial Vocational Technical College (CIVTC) in Nottingham during October.
As part of the current ECL/Institute of the Motor Industry (IMI) project, CIVTC sent a total of 11 delegates of which six attended for Stage 1 Assessor Training, with five existing CIVTC Trainer / Assessors undertaking a Stage 2 skills upgrade. Among the Stage 1 delegates were two Body and Paint trainers and a Customer Service trainer – the first in China to participate in the course for these specialisms. The College now plans to include new international qualifications in these areas over the coming months.
ECL is part of Central College Nottingham, and focuses on training and upskilling in the automotive industry and Apprenticeships.
After an induction, the courses included:
- Health and Safety Awareness
- IMIAL Vehicle After-sales Qualification System
- Assessor Training (Unit 1):
- Qualification: INT-AA3-A IMI Level 3 Award in Assessing International Vocationally Related Achievement
- Assessor and Best Practice Skills Update
- Electric and Hybrid Vehicle:
- Hybrid Electric Vehicle Operation and Maintenance
- Best Practice Skills Update:
- Water based paint and spraying technique
- Panel damage repair applying filler
- Polishing techniques using 3M system
Stephen Turner, Sector Development Manager (Automotive), who recently achieved the Certificate of Recognition as an Advanced Automotive Assessor Professional (AdAAP) from IMI said:
“This course is the third training programme we’ve offered in Nottingham this year for Chinese colleges. The programme is going from strength to strength.”
Translation was provided by CIVTC with an additional technical translator provided by ECL.
On completion, each delegate was presented with a certificate by Malcolm Cowgill, Principal & CEO of Central College Nottingham. In addition, three delegates who had completed ATP275 Assessor Technical Programme earlier in the year were presented with their certificates.