Who we are and what we do
- Central College Nottingham runs full-time courses for school leavers 16+, higher education courses for students 18+and part-time courses for adults and local business
- The College also offers Apprenticeships in many sectors
- Central enrols around 4,000 full-time and 20,000 part-time students each year
- The College currently operates on 9 sites across the City with main centres in Clifton, Ruddington, Nottingham City Centre and Beeston
- The College employs around 1,000 full-time staff
- The College Principal is John Van De Laarschot
- The main College telephone number is 0115 914 6414
- These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site.
- These are anonymous cookies, which do not store any personally-identifiable information.
- Social cookies are used to help tailor your user experience.
- On some pages there is the option to share the page with social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus.
- These cookies are only used if the visitor chooses to share the page by clicking on the links.
- On some pages of our site we have embedded Vimeo videos from our dedicated Vimeo channel.
- You can set preferences on how Google advertises to you here
Read more about our Privacy Statements below:
The Data Protection Act sets out eight principles governing the use of personal information. The main purpose of these principles is to protect the interests of the individuals whose personal data is being processed by the College and they apply to everything we do with personal data, unless an exemption applies.
These principles ensure that personal information is:
- Fairly and lawfully processed
- Processed for limited purposes
- Adequate, relevant and not excessive
- Accurate and up to date
- Not kept for longer than is necessary
- Processed in line with individuals’ rights
- Kept secure
- Not transferred to other countries without adequate protection
All personal information processed by the college may be passed to the Skills Funding Agency (SFA). The SFA is responsible for the funding and planning of education and training for young people and adults in England, and is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998.
The information provided may be shared with other organisations for the purpose of administration, careers and other guidance, statistical and research purposes or to meet system requirements. Other organisations with which we will share information include, the Department for Children, Schools and Families, Department for Innovation, Universities and Skills, Connexions, Higher Education Statistics Agency, Higher Education Funding Council for England, educational institutions and organisations performing research and statistical work on behalf of the SFA or its partners.
The SFA also administers the learner registration service (LRS) which will use your information to create and maintain a unique learner number (ULN). The SFA is also a co-financing organisation and uses European Social Funds from the European Union to directly or indirectly part-finance learning activities, helping develop employment by promoting employability, business spirit and equal opportunities, and investing in human resources. Further information about partner organisations and the ULN and what they do, may be found at http://skillsfundingagency.bis.gov.uk/ and by following the links to data protection. At no time will personal information be passed to organisations for marketing or sales purposes.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, you have the right to request a record of all your personal data that is held by the College, this is called a Data Subject Access Request.
If you wish to make a Data Subject Access Request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to make a Freedom of Information Request, please email email@example.com. Please note there may be a charge for this service.
You can read our full Freedom of Information Policy here.
To see our registration with the ICO click here to search the register.
Our priorities are strategies and plans, performance indicators, audits, inspections and reviews.
We aim to make readily available for publication our:
- Annual Reports
- Self-Assessment Reports
- Corporate and Business Plans
- Teaching and Learning Strategies
- Academic Quality and Standards
- Ofsted Inspection Reports
Easy read versions of all documents are available on request.