If you are in Year 10 or 11 you will no doubt be thinking about what to do when you leave school. It is important that you make the right decision for you. This year we are offering students a variety of vocational tasters covering a wide range of subjects across our College centres.
Why should I attend a taster?
- Find out about our courses, view the facilities & see first hand what Central can offer you.
- Speak to our friendly, supportive staff and ask any questions in an informal environment
- Experience a hands-on practical session
- It’s an opportunity to meet people just like you!
What do you need to know
- Taster sessions often take place during school time. We work with schools to ensure that you can get this time off but you’ll need to check that both your parents/carers and school give you permission to attend.
- Taster days are free but are on a first come, first served basis and pre booking is required as the number of places are limited.
- When choosing a taster please be particularly aware of the venue and any clothing requirements. (see taster listings for further information) Please wear comfortable, casual clothes unless otherwise directed.
- Students can come along with their school, or attend as an individual or with friends.
- Taster sessions are approximately 1hrs - 2hrs in length unless otherwise directed.
- Students are expected to make their own transport arrangements. Please arrive a few minutes prior to the start of each taster in order for staff to begin and end each session promptly.
- For centre directions you can check our locations page.
- See the booking form below for dates and sessions available this academic year. To book a place simply complete our online booking form and return via email or post. You will receive confirmation once we have received your request.
- If there are insufficient numbers to make a session viable, the college regrets that in such circumstances the date may be cancelled. We will endeavour to inform all students of any changes that may occur prior to each session.