Light Vehicle Maintenance (Entry 3)
Entry Qualifications: There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification. However selection criteria for entry will take into account each applicant’s interest in completing this qualification.
This qualification is aimed at 14-16 year olds who prefer and respond to ‘hands-on’ learning. The structure has a practical approach to assessment and includes many visual questioning techniques which will stimulate and interest learners.
To pass the course learning outcomes are set at unit level and are achieved by
following task based, oral assessments and one online assessment. This qualification will support progress to a Foundation (Level 1) Diploma.
Units may include:
- Health and Safety practices in vehicle maintenance and good housekeeping in the
- Automotive environment
- Tools, equipment and materials for vehicle maintenance
- Spark ignition engine systems, components and operation
- Compression ignition
- Engine systems, components and operation
- Steering and suspension systems
- Components and maintenance (4 wheels or more)
- Vehicle braking systems
- Components and maintenance
- Vehicle wheels and tyres construction and maintenance
- Vehicle exhaust systems components and maintenance
- Basic vehicle valeting