It looks like you have JavaScript turned off

Pretty much everything should work. But you may find some components look slightly off as a result. You can find out what JavaScript is here. If you don't have JavaScript turned off, or if something doesn't work that you think should do, please email

Frequently asked questions

When does the course start / finish?

Most HE courses are 30 weeks in duration and will begin in the second or third week in September and finish in the first week of June. To find out the exact start and end dates of a specific course please contact:

What days am I in?

Most HE courses will be timetabled between 2-4 days per week and provisional timetables will be posted to you along with enrolment information in the summer. To find out about a specific course please contact:

How much does the course cost?

All full time Higher Education courses cost £6,950 while part-time course are usually £3,500. Fees for 2017/18 are yet to be confirmed.

How do I pay?

You don’t actually pay anything for your course at the time. Tuition fees are funded by loans provided by Student Finance England on behalf of the government. You gradually begin to pay back your loan when you start to earn above £21,000 per year – a bit like a tax. 

The exception to this is if you withdraw or have your studies terminated mid-year. In this case, SFE payments will stop but you may be charged by the college for fees not covered by your loan.

Does the college provide accommodation?

While the college doesn’t itself provide accommodation, an information sheet containing links to accommodation providers is available here.

Is childcare available?

Childcare support for HE students comes through Student Finance England and is part of their package of support. You will be prompted to apply for additional support (e.g. dependents grant, DSA, childcare) when you make your main loan application.

Can I get additional help with travel?

Day to day travel to college would be regarded as ‘living costs’ and is paid for from your maintenance loan/grant.

Can I get support for dyslexia?

Support is available if you have dyslexia and it is really important that you inform the admissions team as soon as possible if you think you will require any kind of learning support so that support can be put in place early in your course.

What are the Non Medical Helper rates at Central?

The table below shows the NMH rates for the services Central College Nottingham currently offer and covers the period 01/04/2016 through to 31/07/2017. Please note the NMH Support Rates shown in the table below are per hour.

If you require further information or clarification on these rates or services please contact Andrew Spenceley on 0115 914 6414 or email him at

Band 4 Specialist Access and Learning Facilitators

Specialist Mentor - AS£50.00N/A£50.00
Specialist One to One Study Skills Support - SpLD£50.00N/A£50.00

View the full list of services here.

Where can I get more information about the course?

If you need further information, please contact: or if you would prefer to talk to someone, please call 0115 884 2538 to talk to the admissions team.

Does the HND/C or Foundation Degree lead to a full degree?

Most HE courses in college have progression routes through to a full degree at local universities. Progression is not automatic though and is often dependent on your performance on your college course.