At Central, we value the transparency of our processes, an approach designed to help us govern quality assurance and enhancement at all times.
As a provider of Higher Education, Central College Nottingham undergoes a number of external review processes that assist in safeguarding public interest in sound standards of higher education qualifications. Such processes also help us to work towards continuous improvement in the management quality and the provision and delivery of our higher education programmes.
Organisations responsible for carrying out external reviews within the Institute include:
- The National Student Survey
- Nottingham Trent University
- University of Derby
- De Monfort University
Higher Education Quality Handbook
The Higher Education Quality handbook is a collection of documents and acts as a central referral point for staff, employers, partner organisations and prospective or current students to access if further information is required regarding a range of higher education issues.
These documents are designed to give you an insight into the Codes of Practice, regulations, policies and guidelines that exist at HE Central for all matters relating to Higher Education. Higher Education relates to programmes of Level 4 or above such as HE Certificates, Higher Nationals, Foundation Degrees, Honours Degrees and Post Graduate awards.
- Academic Irregularities Policy
- Plagiarism Policy
- Complaints Policy
- Student Disciplinary Policy
- Data Protection Policy
- IT User Code of Practice
- Recognition of Prior Learning Policy
- HE Academic Appeals Procedure
- Higher Nationals Coursework Policy
- BTEC Centre Guide to Assessment - Levels 4-7
- NTU Common Assessment Regulations
- NTU CARs for Validated Centres
- Appeals and Complaints at Validated Centres NTU
- Exam Board Decisions at Grade Boundaries
- UoD Assessment Regulations